Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Deuteronomy 15:11

Today we sent away all our papers to immigration and Lifesong. This is definately a huge step forward: to have these completed, in the mail and literally on their way-- to bring us one step closer to our little guy.


My parents were in Zambia for a couple weeks and returned friday night. They were building homes for orphans for “My Father’s House” with "Every Orphan's Hope" and also helped in their summer bible school ministry. To adopt a child in that country you must live there for a couple years and get through a lot of red tape (as in any international adoption). So most orphans in Zambia remain orphans and in poverty for their entire life.


My mom is not a dramatic person and is not rattled easily, but on three different occasions this week, she has said with so much emotion, “...there were just so many. I could have very easily brought home a dozen kids with me.”


I love it that Mom and Dad are walking their talk and their kids, son-in-laws and grandkids are watching this. Last year Michael and I recieved a great blessing, to which my mom added, “Pray that we would hold all God’s gifts with an open hand.” which I keep posted in our home in plain sight.


Please keep praying that God will move swiftly as we are anxious to watch miracles unfold!


http://www.everyorphan.org/orphanhomes.aspx





No comments:

Post a Comment